ROHstoff #1 - RUNWAY RUN UP







When I agreed to take part in this year's Berliner Stadtmission runway show alongside other upcyclist designers I was confident I would at least get three outfits if not even four outfits together. Reality hit me when I realised I had literally two weeks to get it all done...get working!!!

>> the inspiration
Obsessed with clean shapes and boxy silhouettes the collection had to be bauhaus-inspired - bridging the gap between textile art, fashion design and urbanity.
Luckily the bauhaus-archive museum of design with its amazing library is just around the corner, it was the perfect place to get some visual inspiration...

>> the fabrics 
With upcycling being the main focus of this project I was sorting through my rails and picked my beloved nan's pillow case as well as a preloved shirt from Berliner Stadtmission 'Komm & Sieh' charity shop. Both are made from a lovely cotton quality that was ideal for making shirts. To mix it up & soften the look I paired it with some beautiful chiffon & leopard printed silk remnants from London designer Catharina Eden.

>> the look
I was aiming for a modern Edie Sedgwick type of girl...the stripey Tee being replaced by a classic high collared shirt with a hint of sparkle worn over only a pair of silver tights 

No comments:

Post a Comment